Haeundae Sand Festival at Busan is one of the most popular annual festivals of South Korea. Hundreds of thousand local & international tourists flock to this place to enjoy the sand sculptures, white sand & water activities. Haeundae beach is also among the best beaches of South Korea.
The festival usually go on for one whole week. Each day filled with a number of activities to entertain the visitors.Other attractions of Haeundae Sand Festival that you can enjoy!
1. Hot sand bath– Visitors love to cover themselves in the hot sand. It is considered beneficial for health & beauty. Or you could simply enjoy being buried into a sand pit neck deep. It unadulterated fun!
2. Fireworks- The evening is concluded with spectacular fireworks. You shouldn’t miss this part
3. Concerts- Live bands & dance troops perform at the festival helping you to get into the groove.
4. Beach Volleyball- enjoy with your buddies. It will be little hard to play on the weekend due to a huge turnout. You can have fun nevertheless.
5. Swimming ( Of course)– Do I even need to suggest it? :D
These sand sculptures are based on different themes.
Here it is showing a piece from history.
Many sand sculptures are depicting popular fairy tales.
Can you recognise this character? Yes, you guessed it right. It is Queen of Hearts from the popular fairytale ‘Alice in wonderland’.
Such a beautiful site. Families, friends, lone travellers all enjoying the bright sunny day. Sun, sand & summer perfect recipe for a great weekend.
Incredible view! Wouldn’t you want to spend all your evening here?
Panoramic view of the signal just outside the Haeundae beach.
My Family had an amazing time at Haeundae beach. I can’t help but to share the moments with you all :)
My daughter seems like smiling, but actually she was petrified. Who wouldn’t be if you are made to stand with ZOMBIES :D
Kids didn’t want to get out of the water. We literally dragged them out :D
Smiling & posing :)
Selfie Queen ;)
That’s me soaking in the sun at the spectacular Haeundae beach ;)
29.05.2015 to 06.06.2015
U1-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan-si
How to Get There
By bus– Bus No. 1003 from Busan Station. You will have to get off at Haeundae Beach Bus stop
By Subway – Take Line 2, Exit 3 or 5. Get off at Haeundae Beach station. The beach is hardly 8-10 minutes walk from the station.
From Airport – From Gimhae Airport you can either take Bus No. 1003 or can hire a taxi.
Do leave your comments & feedbacks in the comment section below. Let’s share our passion for travelling. Happy Travelling :)