Haeundae beach is one of the most popular beaches in Busan, South Korea. Locals & tourists flock it during day & night. The location of the beach & easy accessibility makes it one of the most sought after destinations by visitors in Busan.
The place has an amazing selection of restaurants, local eateries, international cuisines & pubs. All you need is to get up & hit the beach. I went there several times throughout the year. It gives a totally different experience in every season.
Haeundae Beach A Summer Favorite
This beach is ‘THE’ destination for everyone who loves the sun, sand & summer. During sunny days, the beach is covered by colorful parasols. Take a swim, enjoy the water sports, sip on your fancy drinks with an umbrella or just lie down on the beach bench soaking in the energy.
The beach is one long ( around 1.5 km) & a clean stretch of white sand. There are always some of the activities going on here. There is a small platform for artists to perform. During the festival season, you will find live band performing, street magicians, jugglers & other performance artists. There is something for everyone.
Recommended Read: HAEUNDAE BEACH SAND FESTIVAL BUSAN
Things to do In Haeundae Beach
The beach is inviting during the day but its beauty increases many folds during the evening time. If it’s a winter evening, you won’t find many crowds as in summer. The view is awe-inspiring. It looks as if nature has meticulously created every piece of the scenery. The color of the water & sky becomes one.
Apart from watching its gorgeous landscape, there are many things to do near Haeundae.
1. Soak in the sun: The beach is perfect for lazing around on a bright sunny day. Splash on some sunscreen and enjoy the lovely tan.
2. Water sports: Love the water? This is the right place for you. Go snorkeling, water skiing, parasailing or just blow up the flamingo tube and float away!
3. Enjoy live performances: Throughout the year many performances are organized at the beach. Musicians, Live Bands, Magicians, Sand artists, Portrait Artists & many other showcases their art & talent on this popular beach.
4. Eat your heart out: Foodie? Whos is not! You will have a lot of options to choose from. Korean food, Thai, Indian & Popular street foods items are available. Check our Places to eat in the below section.
5. Enjoy Night Life: Haeundae is situated in the heart of the city. You will catch all live-action here day & night. There are several awesome bars nearby serving great booze, food, music & fun games!
Places to see near Haeundae beach
Doesn’t the scene look straight out of a painting? The colors are flamboyant & texture surreal. No doubt creative people get all their inspiration from nature :)
The beach is a nice contrast of natural beauty & modern civilization. On one side, you will see clear sand & water & one the other imposing buildings standing tall.
The road connecting the city to Haeundae Beach. Isn’t it gorgeous! This was my nth visit to the beach. Each time I take along a new memory, a new insight. The place always gives you a new perspective to see, think & live. Or maybe I find it too inspiring!!! :)
” Pink tinted sky & grey waters,
Listen to the sound of waves,
playfully hitting the shore,
It’s a symphony to the ear! “
Places to eat near Haeundae Beach
EAT EAT & EAT SOME MORE!
Haeundae is a foodie’s heaven. Here giving you a list of places I checked over my several visits. I hope it helps!
- Burger & Pasta
- Namaste India
- Boi Brasil
- Wolfhound Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Punjab Indian Restaurant
Also Read: BUSAN INTERNATIONAL FIREWORKS FESTIVAL
How to Get There
By bus– Bus No. 1003 from Busan Station. You will have to get off at Haeundae Beach Bus stop
By Subway – Take Line 2, Exit 3 or 5. Get off at Haeundae Beach station. The beach is hardly 8-10 minutes walk from the station.
From Airport – From Gimhae Airport, you can either take Bus No. 1003 or can hire a taxi.
Love It? Save it on Pinterest
Haeundae Beach Images