I follow self formulated ‘3S – Smart Seven Steps’ to ensure that my lovely keep in the pink of the health & keep filling my home with their chirp & warmth . Let me share the 3 S with you all ..
1. Eat Healthy – Agreed kids are fussy eaters but the basis of good health lies in the kind of food we feed to our kids . I always ensure to give them a balanced diet comprising of
A good serving of fruits …
Colourful vegetables ….
2. Be Playful – Physical activity in any form is very important for overall growth of a child . With decreasing play areas & dependence on gadgets , the level of physical activity has drastically reduced . Many health related problems like obesity , lack of concentration, retarded growth etc are caused due to lack of concentration . Hence parents must emphasize on some form of physical activity on day to day basis.
3. Make Nature Your Friend – Nature is a great teacher . A child who spends time in the company of mother nature has better growth than kids who spend time in confines of their homes. Nature encourages inquisitiveness, creativity , playfulness & courage in a child .
4. Mind Your Time – Its an healthy habit to sleep early & rise early in the morning . For school going kids the waking time should be between 6-6.30 am . They should sleep by 8.30-9 pm at night . It gives them ample time to study , sleep , play & rest without interfering with the natural body clock .
5. Read some more – In today’s technology forward times , reading has taken a back seat . Children are mostly glued to gadgets . They rely on net for ready information . Reading on the other hand increase their concentration & imagination power .
6. Be Positive – Kids face a lot of pressure from parents , peers & other people around them. They think its mandatory to perform well in every field. Sometimes they succeed & sometimes not . In such times its the duty of parents , teachers & elders to encourage them . Being positive reflect a lot on kids mental health which in turn affects their physical health as well.
7. Be Happy – a healthy child is a happy child . We must not only stress on physical but mental health as well . Eating healthy , healthy lifestyle & strong immunity are basis of good health .
The immune system of a child is not as strong as of an adult . Thus it is necessary to strengthen the immune system so that the child doesn’t become prone to infections & illness . Nature has vast range of herbs & other ingredients that can strengthen the immunity system . One such product is Dabur Chyawanprash which is full of goodness of nature .