Holi festival in India symbolizes pleasant hues, fun & rhythm. It is also known as the festival of love. Celebrated at the onset of spring, Holi marks the end of winter season & start of spring. However, the celebration comes with a certain sense of responsibility that we must all adhere to. Here we are going to discuss Tips or suggestions to celebrate a Happy & safe Holi.
People love to dance on the best holi songs for hours to enjoy this festival to the fullest. a number of dishes are specially prepared for the festival. Families & friends get together or visit each other home to bring in one of the most popular festivals of India. Therefore it is all the more important to follow the safety during holi in order to avoid any accidents or unpleasantness.
10 Useful tips for Happy & Safe Holi
Mostly celebrated in the northern part of India, Holi is ranked among the major festivals of India. Holi marks the triumph of good over bad. It is a social activity where people from all strata of society come together, forget social gaps & celebrate the festival of color, Holi. Lets first talk about DO’s & DON’Ts on Holi to make sure you have a happy & safe holi
- Avoid the use of harmful chemicals
- Mind your behavior
- Alcohol-free holi
- No Sheer Clothes Please
- Economic Holi
- Use Organic Colors
- Protect Your Hair, Skin & Eyes
- Wear your comfort
- Stay Safe
- Make it memorable
1. Avoid the use of harmful products & chemicals
Using anything (Like grease, Oil Paint, wall paint & the other filthy stuff) other than Holi color should be totally restricted. It, not only causes great discomfort to the skin & body but also hampers the playful & festive mood.
Why resort to such means where a person feels victimized & others enjoy at his/her expense? There are plenty of Herbal holi colors available that are good for skin & health in general. These non toxic holi colors can be used by any age group children, adults & senior people without any side effects.
2. Mind Your Behavior
Agreed Holi is a festival of together & fun, but it surely doesn’t give anyone a license to behave rudely with others. You MUST NOT intrude on other’s personal space. You must…
- Not force anyone to participate if the other individual is not willing to. Some people have phobias related to the crowd, noise, colors, etc.. Abide by their decision & let them enjoy the festival in their own style.
- Not let anyone behave rudely with you or intrude on your personal space. Put a line if you are not comfy. Convey it politely but firmly to the other individual.
- Making personal comments or remarks might sometimes backlash. Frolic with the genuine spirit of Holi.
3. Alcohol-Free Holi
It might look hard to follow but it is certainly not impossible. Some people think a celebration is a synonym of celebration which is absolutely not the case. Consuming alcohol & creating nuisance is hardly starting to sully your image & create a problem or others.
Try something new this Holi. Say away from alcohol & enjoy the festival as it’s intended to be. It is one of the most important tips to have a happy & safe holi!
4. No Sheer Clothes Please
Getting inspired by the cheesy Bollywood Holi songs where the actress donned a sheer white saree & hero playfully drench her in color. It looks right just on-screen, not in real life. Choosing the right clothes is important.
Wear something comfortable & that doesn’t make you look uncomfortable. it is applicable for men & women both. Holi is a people’s festival. The whole idea is to have a pleasant & safe holi.
5. Economic Holi Save Water
We are not letting the cat out of the bag about the finances here. By economic Holi w,e meant economical use of water Or Dry Holi. We all are aware of the water crisis we face every summer. Lakhs of gallons of water is wasted on the festival of Holi & the same amount is used for cleaning purpose afterward. We can later cut down the water consumption by being little aware & alert. Play ‘Dry Holi‘ & inspire others as well!
Also Read – Holi 2015: Top Picks For Perfect Festival Look
6. Use Organic Colors
These days the colors available in the market are all made from a lot of chemicals. They are stubborn & won’t go off easily causing skin discoloration, rashes, allergies & other problems.
7. Protect Your Hair, Skin & Eyes
It is important to safeguard your skin & hair before stepping out on Holi. Here are a few useful tips to protect your hair & skin.
- Apply hair gel or good quality oil to protect your hair. It is advisable to draw up your hair to lessen the exposure to colors.
- You can protect your nail by applying a deep coat of nail paint. You can even use base coat of transparent nail paint.
- Plan a hair cut after Holi. And don’t forget to treat your hair with ha air spa at a good salon or use a hair mask at home to bring the shine back.
- Use good moisturizing cream with sunblock to ensure minimum sun & chemical damage.
- If you are allergic take proper medication or apply a medicated ointment.
- Wear good quality sunglasses to protect your eyes. Likewise, you should shut your eyes & mouth when color is applied to you. DO NOT have the colors enter your eyes it could be really detrimental.
8. Wear your comfort
Wearing comfortable clothes that cover most of your body parts is advisable. This is one of the most effective modes to bring down the sun & chemical exposure. Also, make it a point to get into something that dries soon. Polyester blend fabrics are a good choice as they dry up soon, don’t cling to skin & offer better comfort to the wearer.
9. Stay Safe
On Holi festivals, some people are usually high on alcohol or Ganja (Cannabis). They usually roam about in groups & act notorious. It is, therefore, suggested to stay on a safe premise with friends & family to avoid any unpleasant incidents.
10. Make it memorable
Understand the true meaning of Holi. It’s a celebration of love, togetherness, colors, a chance to touch on the gap, forget almost the past & build a young kinship. It makes such a confirming message to us to blossom like a spring flower after the gloomy autumn & make our lives fragrant. Use this festival to reconnect with your kin, friends & neighbors. Get new friends, take an opportunity to repair your relationship & stay blessed!
Make it a safe holi for animals too!
Holi is for all of us to enjoy with our families, friends & dear ones. However, we should pay attention to make it safe holi for animals too. Drenching animals with toxic holi colors might be fun for some of you but it is very uncomfortable & hazardous for the animals.
They can’t get rid of the toxic chemicals or wash them off as we humans can. Be considerate of these innocent creatures, not just the ones at your home but even the strays.
Have a wonder & safe holi 2020