Me:- Mirror , Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all ?
Mirror :- Forget about the complexion , my dear lady
The face is full of Pimple , first take a call !!
This is the story of every woman at some point or the other . A clear complexion , lustrous hair & slim body top a woman’s wish list . Am I any different ? Of course not .
WHY ME ?
I clearly remember when I had the first break out . One fine morning when I was getting ready for the school , I saw a small bump on my right cheek . I always thought I was immune to skin diseases & could never have such problems hence I over looked it . The day was going fine until Miss-clean-&-clear-skin ( She had pretty good hair too :/ ) walked up to me & said ” Hey ! look you have,a pimple .” As in disliking her was not enough I scorned at her & said ” what rubbish ! I never had a pimple .” ” Suit yourself girl ! It is what it it . A PIMPLE “
Least to say I was embarrassed & angry . After that incident I must have checked IT out thousand times during the day . In wash room’s mirror , in window glass reflection, even at the back of pencil box that distorted & magnified the PIMPLE 10X times . At the end of the day the feeling of defeat & vulnerability had sunk in. I admitted to myself ” Yes ! I am a mortal . I can have skin problem . I can have a Pimple .”
( Picture from my school time . Pimples were my worst enemy )
The Search for ‘The Magic Potion’ & some weird remedies ………
There on started the endless search for a magic potion that could make this ugly thing disappear in jiffy . I called up my granny , talked to my friends , picked up every single magazine that suggested any remedy for acne problem . Some of them were ok & others were WEIRD* (& dangerous too ) …
Tooth paste ( A big dollop on, Pimple gone :D )
Juice of bitter guard
Garlic paste *
Pop the boils with clove *
Apply onion juice*
Apply quick lime on pimple* ( Never , ever do this )
Apply bird poop for 3 consecutive days* ( Ewwww….. can you imagine !)
All these with hundred types of oil & herbal concoctions , Potato-onion-garlic kind home remedies , Baba ki bhabhuti , consulting an astrologer (phew !! . After all marriage is directly proportional to good looks ) blood purifying tonics , medical tests were suggested by one & all !
I even discussed this gigantic ( yes it is a HUGE problem for a teenage girl ) problem with ‘Bhalla Aunty’ whom I never loved and / or liked yet envied her glowing clear complexion . As expected she laughed mercilessly at my problem & promised to give out her secret . And she did give her secret mix which was as weird as her laughter & dressing but not without giving my ‘Gyan ‘ about the disastrous effects of Pimples on a girl’s life. It was an hour long lecture . I will just jot down the most dangerous ones :D ..
1.You will loose your confidence & concentration . ( She wasn’t wrong completely . I did lose my concentration & confidence . Every time I sat for studying , my hand would automatically wander towards the pimple , leaving me irritated & worried .)
2. You will not be able to make male friends . ( Well well . There goes all my holding-hands-walking-onthe-beach-romance & hot dates ! )
3. When you reach marriageable age , you got to have a perfect flawless skin . No body likes a scar faced bride . Are you going to hide your face in all wedding pictures ? ( At this point I so wanted to kill her )
4. Once you have pimple it will keep on spreading all over your face , ruining it for life . ( AND my life was completely messed up. No friends , No Love Life & May be no marriage :( )
I rushed out of her home & locked my self up in my room . My mom , as always , sensed something was amiss. She came knocking at the door , heard me carefully & without getting angry at my stupidity or lecturing me again , she took appointment of a well known dermatologist for next week .
we visited the dermatologist. I had so many questions in my mind . She was a nice lady who must have counselled hundreds of anxious teenagers like me . I asked the questions & she explained ….
Lord ! What is this evil called ACNE …..
Acne or as commonly known as pimples is a condition of skin in which reddish bumps appears on different parts of the body including face , arms & back . Mostly it is associated with teenage but it can anyone at any stage especially from the age of 12 till 45 . Surprised ! don’t be .
Few common reasons of break out are…….
1. Hormonal changes during puberty & pregnancy
2. Unhealthy eating habits . ( Oily , junk food . Eating at odd hours . Some experts associate intake of high glycemic Index food & dairy product with acne . )
4. Greasy cosmetics can cause acne in people with sensitive skin .
5. Bacterial infection
6. Food Allergy or sensitivity
7. Underlying health problem like thyroid , diabetes , digestive & metabolic issues
8. Stress & lack of sleep
9. Over active Sebaceous Glands .
I was shocked hearing this . So many reasons for this little devil . I was advised to control my diet , set a proper eating routine , keep stress in check , have proper sleep, keep my skin clean & most importantly NEVER TOUCH OR POP PIMPLES .
I started using dermatological tested products, ( some medicines were also prescribed by the doctor ) controlled my eating habits & made extra efforts to take care of my skin . Although the pimples didn’t go over night yet it started subsiding after a week . The scares also reduced with the time .
Life is so Simple without Pimple ……
I got married ( a bride with flawless skin :) ) , had two beautiful kids ( pimples problem happens during pregnancy but subsides by itself after delivery . Consult your gynecologist .) had pimples couple of times even after my teenage years but never actually worried about it as earlier . In all these years I have learnt that if you have a sensitive skin , you must take care of it !
Thankfully I didn’t made myself a guinea pig & tested those weird remedies . I stick with my healthy routine & only trust products with natural ingredients . Similarly , my association with Garnier Pure Active Neem Face Wash is one such thing that I keep talking about . I was suggested this product by a dear friend Neha Verma who is a professional & mother of two adorable kids herself . Ever since I keep this product handy where ever I go .
The main reasons why I liked it are …
1. As I prefer , Garnier Pure Active Neem Face Wash is dermatologically tested . Even people with sensitive skin like me can use it .
2. I always prefer to use Aqua based products for skin as they are lighter & skin friendly .
3. It is not very foamy . Yet the cleaning effect is remarkable .I like my face wash that way .
4. It doesn’t leave my skin dry after use .
5. The natural ingredients like Neem Leaf Extract , Tea tree oil ( both has antibacterial & antiseptic ) help deep clean the pores & prevent pimples .
6. Such a soothing fragrance that lingers on for a while leaving you fresh & active :) .
7. The use is hassle free. Just use it Twice a day , morning & before going to sleep and you are sorted .
8. You don’t need a spoonful , just a little quantity is enough to keep dirt , oil & pollution away
9. Simply affordable – Just Rs 90/- for 100g tube ….AWESOME :)
A proper skin care routine along with a product that suits your skin type can keep most of the skin problems at bay . Which ever product you chose , one must make sure that it is suitable for the skin & doesn’t have harmful chemicals that does more damage than good .
Pimples or acne is just a skin condition . Like any other health issue it requires proper attention & care . If one follow a healthy lifestyle many such problems can be kept under check . So girls no need to fret or loose sleep over this little monster :D . Handle it with care & let your flawless skin take care of the rest :) .